6X284 (Load for 87 and 75 grn V-MAX)

Iron Worker
I think in an old issue of Varmint Hunter a guy with a 6-284 using 59gr RE19 with a 75 Vmax and getting around 3940fps. I can't remember the barrel length. When I hit 55gr of RE19 in my 6-284 the groups with the 75xmax started to tighten up. I'm shooting with a jam of just over .001. I have not had the chance to move the charge weight up, or mess with seating depth. I'm also going to try a few loads with RE19 and the 87vmax.

[ QUOTE ]
Iron Worker, if you want RED MIST, go with V-Max bullets, Nosler Ballistic Tips are good too!! V-Max's really send them flying and in many different parts. Fun stuff!!

Wildcat

[/ QUOTE ]

the sierra blitzkings do just as well at producing red mist as the vmax's do. i use the 55gr blitzking in my 243, and its much more explosive than the nosler 55's were. about the same effect as the 58 vmax. and much more expansion than i get from the 87 vmax because i can only push em to about 3300. the 55 SBK scoots at over 4000fps.

Nosler Balistic tips! I shot my first coyote with a screaming 80 gr NoslerBT out of the 6x284. I clocked them at the ranger at 3940. Any how I shot a coyote brodside he was within shot gun range. Hit right in the boiler room. Coyote did a 180 and died,check for damage all it did was put a pencil size hole threw him.At that range at that velocity I was hopeing for an explosion.No such luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.