700 vs 721 remington

are parts like stocks , trigers , bottom metal , and scope bases the same ???

Mostly. The biggest difference between the two is that the 721 safety wrapped around the rear tang of the action. On the 700 the rear tang is notched for the safety.

You can notch a 721 and use a 700 trigger, or you can relieve a 700 stock to use a 721 trigger.

Bottom metal's are different between stocks. Meaning, you need to use 721 metal with a 721 stock and 700 metal with a 700 stock. The actions will use either depending on which stock you are using.

Scope bases are the same. I use EGW 20moa's for a Rem 700.

My first 721 project was swapping in a 700 trigger and 700 magnum bolt and putting it in a Sendero Stock and adding a ER Shaw 300wsm Varmint barrel.

Current 721 project is using a 700 magnum bolt, original trigger, Knoxx Axiom Kings Camo stock, and a Douglas 7mmWSM barrel.

Both are using Cabelas Kwik Klip's that hold 7 rounds of WSM.

Remember, using a 700 trigger will require putting a 700 safety notch on your 721 rear tang.

I did mine with a bench grinder, smoothing with a hand file, and some cold blue.

yes i see the notch a little work and some cold blue will take care of that,. i tried the bottom metal on a 700 bdl stock , it would work but you would have a adl type with no hinged floor plate,.might be something to keep for a single feed bench rest gun,.

I just finished building a Rem 721 into a modern 6.5-284. I added a 26" Brux #5 barrel and it now resides in a HS Precision stock from an old Rem 700 Sendaro. I added BDL bottom metal and magazine box. I had to notch the stock for the safety. Left to do is build up a little for the rear tang and paint the stock and it will be complete.

Newby here on this forum and reviving an old thread.

I have a Canjar set trigger for a Rem 721/722.

Will this work in a 700 Walker trigger from the early 1990s?

Asking before I attempt the changeout.

Thanks

Be sure to replace the firing pin spring in a Rem. 721/722. These guns have not been built since 1964, 56 years the spring is not dependable. A 700 spring will work, I have a SA 700 spring in a 722 that works good.
When I inherited the 722 Rem. .222 Rem. from my dad 1994, He said my loads were to hot and smoke and flame was coming back around the bolt sometimes. The firing pin spring was so weak the firing pin was being forced back into the bolt and the primers were perforated, about 1 in 5 shells. The rifle shot 3 inch 100yd groups. With a new spring the rifle went back to 3/4" at 100yd.

It's been a very long time, but I believe the Canjar I had installed was 721 specific.

Very good triggers, I've had 3 or 4.