Remington 721 stock?

wnc-coyote

I have a 721 LA action I am thinking about building off of. My ? Is will this action fit in a stock for a 700 LA action. Or will I have to do some fitting.

To my knowledge you'll have to do a little fitting around the bolt slot and the safety. That is what I had to do when I put a 700 stock on my 721.

This one is getting rebarreled. All I have is the action. I will be putting a 25-06 sendaro barrel on action. I am going to be buying a B@C medalist for the combo.

Will do. This will be my first. I have done lots if research and have began making my fixtures for truing action and bolt. We will see how it goes. I am hoping to make a pretty accurate rifle out of it. Not expecting a 1000 yard gun for my first build but we will see.

Your 721 bottom metal will work as well. Just need a dab of bedding compound in front of the trigger guard to space it up.

As indicated above, you will have to modify the stock slight at the safety lever.

My 1947 production 721 in 30/06, was a serious thumper in the recoil department, because of the drop comb of the stock. The angle really pushed the recoil at an weird angle when you shot the rifle, which made this rifle very uncomfortable to shoot.

Solution? Remington SPS stock. Can, literally, shoot the ol' dirty ought six ALL day long with 180 Nosler BT's...sub MOA to 600 yards.

This rifle ALWAYS goes hunting with me, either as primary or backup.

In my opinion, the metal in the 721 and 721 actions is of higher quality than the last 30 years of Rem products.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.