Remington 721 build

Creekrat

This will probably be a while before it comes to fruition but I just picked up a Remington 721 action with a mag and std bolt. I have big game covered with my 300wm so if you were to build something a little smaller than that that would bridge the gap from whitetail and axis on up what would you chamber it in? Being the 721 I think I'd like to keep it nostalgic and was thinking like a 257 bob

257Roberts would be a great choice. Are you having any work done to it? If so I'd have the rear tang of the action milled to clear the saftey lever and run a M700 trigger in it also.

Since no Rem. 721 or 722 rifles have been made since about 1963-64 be sure to replace the Firing pin spring. I have seen Rem. 721 and 722's blow the firing pin back in the bolt, Firing pin dent in primer shears and blows back in the bolt and gas come through the action.

This will probably be a while before it comes to fruition but I just picked up a Remington 721 action with a mag and std bolt. I have big game covered with my 300wm so if you were to build something a little smaller than that that would bridge the gap from whitetail and axis on up what would you chamber it in? Being the 721 I think I'd like to keep it nostalgic and was thinking like a 257 bob
257 Roberts is a fine choice along with the 6.5x55 or the 7x57 I think any one would suite your needs good luck which ever way you go

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.