7 WSM, repeater??

shiredude

I am going to build me a 7 WSM. Probably going with a long action so that I can shoot the 168 & 180's. Has anyone seen any feeding issues when using these longer bullets? I'm probably gonna go with an AI mag.
I figure I'll have to play with the feed ramps a little bit?

curious on what others have done successfully.

I have built a bunch of them on short actions with AI bottom metal...no feeding issues at all. Notch the feed ramp for the bullet tip, polish the feed ramp. On a long magnum action, nothing will probably need to be done.

Just a note, you don't need a long action to run the 168's or 180's. They will work just fine in a short action. If you want to seat them out further, Seekins makes a WSM detachable mag setup. Otherwise Accurate AI mags allow 2.98", which works just fine if the reamer is setup correctly.

Last edited:
thanks for info guys. i think i am going with the LA, down the road, i will have more options after i shoot the barrel out of this one.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.