3 lug repeater actions?

akrich

Looking at building a new 7mm rum, my current custom is on a wetherby mark V action and I am looking for something new.

any recommendations for a 3 lug repeater action (I like the throw) preferably something with a Remington 700 footprint to make accessorizing easier.

I don't know about in the M700 footprint, but BAT Machine makes some nice looking 3 lug actions in multiple configurations.

I don't know about in the M700 footprint, but BAT Machine makes some nice looking 3 lug actions in multiple configurations.

I was looking at the BAT one it is sweet, but I think it is still only available in a single shot model.

Barnard.....

Talk to MT Guns they are the exclusive importer into the US. I have one in signle shot for F-Class, one in 408 Cheytac, and one in 338 Lapua Improved. They come with a Good match trigger that can be used in as either a single stage or two stage trigger.

http://www.mtguns.com/

JeffVN

Not to disagree with Vintec on how nice it is, but unfortuantely I doubt the 995 action suits your requirements.

I have a Sako M995 (TRG-S). I like the action very much, short bolt lift, smooth as anything, adjustable trigger (although mine doesn't go as low as I'd like but there's a Jard kit). But it's not a Rem footprint and is difficult and more pricey to accessorise.

If you do go that way I can let you know where I got my bits and pieces and who else makes stuff to pimp them...

Barnard.....

Talk to MT Guns they are the exclusive importer into the US. I have one in signle shot for F-Class, one in 408 Cheytac, and one in 338 Lapua Improved. They come with a Good match trigger that can be used in as either a single stage or two stage trigger.

MT Guns

JeffVN

I see a lot of possibility there, I think I will need to research these actions some.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.