7 stw feeding issues

etisll40

I think I made a mistake a while back. When I had my 7stw built I had a wyatt box in a bdl floorplate installed. I found when I opened the floorplate the wyatt box would fall out. Not sure why but it seemed like a flawed set up. So I bought a seekins 338 lapua cip floorplate and 2 ai 338 cip mags. After having it installed I found normal factory 7 stw would pop out of the mag. I didn't like the jutting out from the bottom of the rifle either. I asked another gunsmith to see if he could fix it and he bent something a little so the rounds didn't pop out of the mag as often! Said it was the best he could do? Frustrating really, I want to change it.

I'd like something with a flush fitting floorplate, any thoughts on what to do. I'm not too concerned with how many rounds I can carry. I have a remington Kwik Klip system on my 6.5x284, it seems cheap but does not jut out which I do like. Seems funvtional cheap though. I'd use a gunsmith that could fix this for me.

Any thoughts on what I could have installed? I shoot mostly factory length ammo but I'd like to experiment with longer bullets.

I'm not familiar with what kind of bottom inlet your stiller might have. I would guess it could be available with either bdl or aics inletting. I use wyatt's center feed for a 7mm stw on a bdl set up. It feeds well. Sometimes the feed lips may need a little tweaking on the center feed wyatt's.

It's a stiller action, predator, rem clone
Wyatts extended boxes shouldn't be this kinda' problem. I wouldn't even try to diagnose without having the rifle in hand. As for the .338 CIP detachable box, it's just plainly the wrong box for the 7STW. Whos' BDL bottom metal did you use that will allow the magazine box to fall out?

Wyatts extended boxes shouldn't be this kinda' problem. I wouldn't even try to diagnose without having the rifle in hand. As for the .338 CIP detachable box, it's just plainly the wrong box for the 7STW. Whos' BDL bottom metal did you use that will allow the magazine box to fall out?
Not sure as it's been changed over at this point.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.