Model 70 7 saum feeding issue

Win.308Stealth

I have a model 70 LA that I had a barrel installed on. Chambered in 7 SAUM. I'm having feeding issues, the bolt won't even strip rounds out of the magazine. I'm not sure what the original magazine and floor plate were designed for (not sure what the action was chambered in previously), just wondering if I should just buy another follower and if that will solve my problem. Or is it more complex than that?

Paul

Not knowing what mag box & follower you have might be the problem. It is probably not letting the round up high enough to be grabbed buy the boltface.

But since its a magnum botl face I assume the action was a magnum to start? or did you have the bolt face opened up for the .532 rim?

I took the action on a trade, so not sure if the bolt was opened up. But, as of now I'm thinking of trying to open up the magazine lips up. Of that doesn't work, should I get a magnum magazine and follower?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.