7 PRC chambering question

Dealing with PTG is a disaster, but I have never had a bad reamer from them. I just chambered Bartlein 5R barrel to a 6GT with a PTG reamer I got through GAP and it cut on every flute and there was no chatter. It made a great chamber that shoots very well.

Dealing with PTG is a disaster, but I have never had a bad reamer from them. I just chambered Bartlein 5R barrel to a 6GT with a PTG reamer I got through GAP and it cut on every flute and there was no chatter. It made a great chamber that shoots very well.

My experience is the same.

I have over 2 dozen reamers, a good reamer is a good reamer. The PTG 30 BR cuts just as good as the 6PPC Hendriksen reamer I have.

My smith also refuses to use a PTG reamer. He said he used them when he first started and didn't notice any issues, but once you use a $60,000 machine to cut chambers, you definitely can tell a difference. He assumes on a cheaper setup that is less precise, a person might not notice anything. My smiths cuts 25 barrels per day, so I'd say he is pretty experienced.