7 PRC chambering question

katir

I am interested in chambering a blank barrel in 7 PRC, most of the Smiths in Austin do not have the reamer necessary, is it advisable to have the barrel maker chamber it?

Most appreciated,

I have yet to find a real gunsmith in Austin. You might try googling leather jacket in San Antonio. Leather wood maybe? I don't remember. I know he is an ADG dealer though. That's how I accidentally stumbled into him. I spoke to him and, just from our conversation, I will be using him in the future.

I think i have heard his name before, i will contact him.
Thanks

Please do. Mark does a great job. While I chamber all my barrels, Mark does the "furniture" work for me. If you talk to him, tell him the guy who does not do furniture sent you.

On complete rifle builds, people I know are very happy with their rifles built by Mark. He is a one man operation, there is no chance your barrel will be chambered by a trainee
/apprentice.

I am interested in chambering a blank barrel in 7 PRC, most of the Smiths in Austin do not have the reamer necessary, is it advisable to have the barrel maker chamber it?

Most appreciated,
STRONG recommendation based on my opinion from what I have read (there's volumes to read from people having experienced problems) and what I've been told personally (including a GS that refused to even work on parts made by them) - I WOULD NOT allow anyone to use a PTG reamer on any barrel of mine... After fining a trusted gunsmith...I'd have them rent a reamer from Manson or JGS, or rent one having been made by them...I'd buy a new reamer from them before I'd let a PTG in a barrel of mine...