300 PRC question

• Thread starter Deleted member 115654
  • Start date
So what about this ?

Is your talking mag length. This will work but accurate mag bottom cip metal is better in my opinion. If you want to keep it with bdl hinged floor plate look at the Wyatt's 300 prc kit. Your feed ramp may need to be noticed as well. I though you were just asking if you needed to change bolt diameters and such.

A Remington factory LA intestinal length is 3.70. This will handle factory ammo and hand loads loaded at and under 3.68 I believe.

So I read max OAL for the 300 PRC in 3.7".
I'm building a single shot so I wish Remington made a solid bottom long action like the two SAs I have on a 22-250 and 243 AI.

So I read max OAL for the 300 PRC in 3.7".
I'm building a single shot so I wish Remington made a solid bottom long action like the two SAs I have on a 22-250 and 243 AI.
As in the ADL model with no floor plate or are you just wanting a single shot follower? My 300 prc loads are loaded past 3.7 so I have CIP bottom metal.

Well, what are you trying to accomplish?

The .300 PRC is designed around a specific application- heavy VLD's, for ELR shooting without eating into case capacity. If you take the .300 Win Mag (which was designed to work in a standard long action)- and use the magnum length action- you eliminate the "handicap"- you can seat em out as long as you like. I don't see an advantage for the PRC over the Win Mag in hunting applications, and you can go into any place, anywhere that sells ammo and find .300 Win Mag. Not so for the PRC.

It's unwise to buy a new factory action and then have it trued. You'll spend basically the same dollars as you would on a precision clone- and if you ever sell the rifle you'll get a lot more for it than you would for a factory action that has been re-worked. If you're looking at the PRC for ELR target, it's foolish to build off anything other than a precision action IMO.

TAC300 Stiller or a Defiance is the only route to take when building a custom rifle on a Ren700 platform. Unless you already have the action you'll spend more money buying and truing a Rem700 over the two stated custom actions.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.