7 mm SHERMAN SHORTMAG vs 7 SAUM

Anyone tried RL23? Is it equivalent or round about similar to RL26? I'm trying to think of a readily available substitute for when we inevitably run out of RL26.

Anyone tried RL23? Is it equivalent or round about similar to RL26? I'm trying to think of a readily available substitute for when we inevitably run out of RL26.
RL 23 is 2-3 grs faster than 26 and wont get quite the velocity but is a useful powsder.

New 190gr Berger Hybrid is coming out too along with 166gr A-tip and 190gr A-Tip. Interesting to say the least. I might go ahead and get on the n565 train if i get close to running out of RL26.

the 190 Berger Hybrid has a closed tip I believe. Useless for hunting

I didn't realize that but i also don't really think Bergers are worth the premium they once commanded. Rest of the industry has caught up and/or surpassed them in their BCs. If i'm going to pay 52~55 cents a pill i might as well jump straight to A-Tips.

Well I have just stumbled on to the 7 Sherman and just hoping you guy can make sure I'm understanding this thing right !
I can run a 180 class bullet in a short action ?
as I have a big horn tl3 with 4 different caliber for it already and not looking to build a long action if I can keep from it I've been toying with the 7 saum but from what I understand to get into the 180 class bullet it needs long action unless I single feed which I'm not looking to do! Also has The brass that doesn't need to be fire form or neck turned came out yet ? Thanks for any help you can give Adam

Well I have just stumbled on to the 7 Sherman and just hoping you guy can make sure I'm understanding this thing right !
as I have a big horn tl3 with 4 different caliber for it already and not looking to build a long action if I can keep from it I've been toying with the 7 saum but from what I understand to get into the 180 class bullet it needs long action unless I single feed which I'm not looking to do! Also has The brass that doesn't need to be fire form or neck turned came out yet ? Thanks for any help you can give Adam
Also what twist rate do you all recommend for this 7 Sherman short

Hi Adam. yes, it will run at 3000' in a 2.92" coal with a 180 Hybrid. The brass needs forming but shoots nearly as well as formed so guys use it to break the barrel in and even do seating developement.
Reamers, dies and brass in stock.
shermanwilccatcartridges.com
feel free to call and chat.

Hi Adam. yes, it will run at 3000' in a 2.92" coal with a 180 Hybrid. The brass needs forming but shoots nearly as well as formed so guys use it to break the barrel in and even do seating developement.
Reamers, dies and brass in stock.
shermanwilccatcartridges.com
feel free to call and chat.
8.5 twist works well for most bullets, but some you might want an 8