7 mm SAUM build ideas

I am intrigued by the changeable bolt head & R700 footprint on this action.

I left a voicemail with them early this week but haven't heard back.

I would take a hard look at this one if I could find out more about them.

When I built my 7SAUM it was between the Origin action and the ARC Nucleus action. Both have changeable bolt heads but I opted for the Nucleus just because the ejector port was slightly longer and I could load longer and not have to worry about as many hang ups when unloading loaded rounds.

It is good to know! I am a bit torn, I would like to go with the SAUM because it can be had in a short action, but I also do not want to neuter it by having to seat the bullets too deep into the case. What a conundrum...

It is good to know! I am a bit torn, I would like to go with the SAUM because it can be had in a short action, but I also do not want to neuter it by having to seat the bullets too deep into the case. What a conundrum...

I think it depends on what bullets you want to shoot. For my setup, I don't feel like my SA is lacking. If I wanted to shoot the long heavys, then it would.

What bullets do you want to shoot?

Honestly answering that question will lead you to the right decision. IMO

180's work fine in a remy short action with a Wyatts box
I shoot the 180 hybrids @3k+ with no feed issues ,accuracy is great, reliable and consistent

I love my SAUM--EH1, Ti mesa action, 22 in proof, with Ti brake, ADL bottom metal with Swarovski Z5 3.5x18...light and accurate

Attachments

• 60616262604__FCE4169F-1163-4622-BA15-9819DA9C3895.JPG
    60616262604__FCE4169F-1163-4622-BA15-9819DA9C3895.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 153
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.