7 mag 162 eldm

cajun

What powders have you found gave good results with the 162 eldm in 7 mag?

Thanks

Last edited:
I 've heard good things about reloader 26. I've also heard it's hard to find right now. I thought it was supposed to be temp stable.

I thought it was supposed to be temp stable also but I have heard from other people that they have been getting similar results over 80°. My velocity seems to jump all over. I don't know about finding it, I bought a ton of the stuff. I use it in 4 rifles. I rarely shoot/hunt when it's above 80°

I use RL23 in my .280AI. I have shot it from 10* to 110*+. No noticeable velocity changes. Drops have remained consistent.

I have also used it is a few 7RMs with same results.

Try RL23..... getting low ES, tight groups and seems pretty stable with temp changes so far.
20160508_132905.jpg
yes rl23 shot at 225 yards from a Bull Bag not a full bench rest. Note I was using 210m primers not magnum.

looks good....

just a note.... been using WLRM with good results so far. have 210s but never got around to giving them any trigger time in the 7mm RM.

your results bear out what I was reading a while ago on different forums as well as here; that a lot of guys are saying use Large Rifle primers if the magnum primers wont give consistent groups and low ES.

Hornady recommends H4831, which is one of my favorite Powders to use especially when I can find the H4831sc, it would be a less powder but slower load though for the 162gr ELD-M

- 7mm Rem. Mag. -
- 162gr ELD - Match -
- 68gr - H1000 -
- 3,000fps - .652 B.C. -

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.