7-300 Norma Mag Improved. IT’S ALIVE!!

@Barehandlineman11 also built this 28 Nosler for a good buddy of mine. I'm going to load for it. So I went to test some loads in it and get some firings on the virgin brass.
IMG_2297.jpeg

I just dropped my target and parked in the shade. Which landed me at 164 yards. Again, no load work. Just seated off the lands a little bit with a decent charge. 83gr. N570 for the ELDM and 82gr. N570 for the 195 EOL.

First 5 with the ELDMs at 164 yards. .23 MOA
IMG_2316.jpeg

12 shots groups with both 180 ELDM and 195 Berger's. Both a little over .6 MOA for 12 shots. And a .16 and .2 mean radius. That's extremely good for 12 shots. I don't live in fairy tail land with my shooting, and I kind of know what I need from a rifle. As well as what me and my hunting setups are even capable of. I bet there's less than 1% of rifles that can shoot a .6 12 shot group. And this gun did it with two random loads lol.
IMG_2344.png

@Barehandlineman11 also built this 28 Nosler for a good buddy of mine. I'm going to load for it. So I went to test some loads in it and get some firings on the virgin brass.
View attachment 554674
I just dropped my target and parked in the shade. Which landed me at 164 yards. Again, no load work. Just seated off the lands a little bit with a decent charge. 83gr. N570 for the ELDM and 82gr. N570 for the 195 EOL.

View attachment 554675

12 shots groups with both 180 ELDM and 195 Berger's. Both a little over .6 MOA for 12 shots. And a .16 and .2 mean radius. That's extremely good for 12 shots. I don't live in fairy tail land with my shooting, and I kind of know what I need from a rifle. As well as what me and my hunting setups are even capable of. I bet there's less than 1% of rifles that can shoot a .6 12 shot group. And this gun did it with two random loads lol.
View attachment 554676
Nice shooting, go easy on your friend's 28 Nosler, don't burn his barrel in a week 🤣

Build Spec:
Bat Vesper LA Lapua bolt face
Adjustable KS1 stock
Brux 1-9 twist #6 contour 26" finish
Bix n Andy tacsport
Hawkins Hunter DBM
Trijicon Tenmile 3-18X44
Unknown Munitions Premier Rings
Rifle 10.9lbs scoped

View attachment 547056

Goal for the build was to shoot 180 class bullets, specifically the 180 ELDM's around 3300fps, and stay below any pressure signs.

@Barehandlineman11 setup of the reamer design and ordered it. Based off the AW 300 NMI case body dimensions. But with a 7mm neck.

These next few pictures are a testament to @Barehandlineman11 and his meticulous work. Could not be happier to have him as my gunsmith. First class without a doubt.

Set out to fire form brass
View attachment 547058

The first 5 rounds to go down this barrel. This is 180 ELDM's stuffed as far as they'll go into the lands with 90gr. H50. Just fire forming.
View attachment 547059

I zeroed it close enough and then this was the next 30 rounds, somewhat carelessly shot. With some cleaning in between.
View attachment 547060

Then I went to pressure testing with some formed brass from another 300 NMI chamber, that I necked down just to do a pressure test while I was out on the first range trip. So not ideal circumstances for accuracy.
View attachment 547063
View attachment 547064

And here is the data for the two test powders. Retumbo will do 3300fps and stay below pressure. And N570 will probably do 3400fps. This was with CCI 250 primers. Forgot to include that in the writing.
View attachment 547065

Before and after forming. That's actually an old formed case from another gun, that I necked down to get land distance measurements. But you get the idea lol.
View attachment 547066

180 ELDM Seated .020 off the lands
View attachment 547068

The barrel will be cerakoted to match soon also. Just wanted to get out and shoot it.

There will be a lot more documentation going on here with this cartridge, since there is such little information on it out there.

Testing H1000 soon also.
Build Spec:
Bat Vesper LA Lapua bolt face
Adjustable KS1 stock
Brux 1-9 twist #6 contour 26" finish
Bix n Andy tacsport
Hawkins Hunter DBM
Trijicon Tenmile 3-18X44
Unknown Munitions Premier Rings
Rifle 10.9lbs scoped

View attachment 547056

Goal for the build was to shoot 180 class bullets, specifically the 180 ELDM's around 3300fps, and stay below any pressure signs.

@Barehandlineman11 setup of the reamer design and ordered it. Based off the AW 300 NMI case body dimensions. But with a 7mm neck.

These next few pictures are a testament to @Barehandlineman11 and his meticulous work. Could not be happier to have him as my gunsmith. First class without a doubt.

Set out to fire form brass
View attachment 547058

The first 5 rounds to go down this barrel. This is 180 ELDM's stuffed as far as they'll go into the lands with 90gr. H50. Just fire forming.
View attachment 547059

I zeroed it close enough and then this was the next 30 rounds, somewhat carelessly shot. With some cleaning in between.
View attachment 547060

Then I went to pressure testing with some formed brass from another 300 NMI chamber, that I necked down just to do a pressure test while I was out on the first range trip. So not ideal circumstances for accuracy.
View attachment 547063
View attachment 547064

And here is the data for the two test powders. Retumbo will do 3300fps and stay below pressure. And N570 will probably do 3400fps. This was with CCI 250 primers. Forgot to include that in the writing.
View attachment 547065

Before and after forming. That's actually an old formed case from another gun, that I necked down to get land distance measurements. But you get the idea lol.
View attachment 547066

180 ELDM Seated .020 off the lands
View attachment 547068

The barrel will be cerakoted to match soon also. Just wanted to get out and shoot it.

There will be a lot more documentation going on here with this cartridge, since there is such little information on it out there.

Testing H1000 soon also.
Did you happen to consider trying N568?

View attachment 554674

View attachment 554675

View attachment 554676
How do you like the Allterra stock?

Laid down and formed another 100 pieces of 7-300 NMI brass in the forming barrel. Took 20 minutes 🙌🏼🙌🏼.

Got 2 more barrels coming that will be used for the coming hunting season. So want some fresh brass for them!

I've pretty much dialed in charge weights with H1000 and N570 for all heavier bullet weights. So I won't be blowing any brass up from this new batch haha.

IMG_2377.jpeg

IMG_2381.jpeg

Most won't understand this burning barrels to get performance but I do!
Nothing like fast and flat!!
195's are my favorite for this rig
No one offers anything close to the BC it offers for 1k+ kills
Keep burning that powder and those barrels
Mine should be back in a week or 2 with its new barrel
I'll send 30 or so down the tube to get it settled and start killing some rocks this summer
Got a mule deer hunt with my brother planed for this October
The 7rbh will be along

100 rounds in 20 minutes? Was she glowing? 😜. So which is it going to be, 180s or 195s? They both look like they'll plot tiny little groups!

Most won't understand this burning barrels to get performance but I do!
Nothing like fast and flat!!
195's are my favorite for this rig
No one offers anything close to the BC it offers for 1k+ kills
Keep burning that powder and those barrels
Mine should be back in a week or 2 with its new barrel
I'll send 30 or so down the tube to get it settled and start killing some rocks this summer
Got a mule deer hunt with my brother planed for this October
The 7rbh will be along
Definitely! It's nice to have performance!

The 180 ELDM's actually have a higher published BC and go 100fps faster. And the 190 A-tips as well.

I love the 195's also though! I like how ELDMs kill, so I've opted for them over the 195's… for now anyways haha.

100 rounds in 20 minutes? Was she glowing? 😜. So which is it going to be, 180s or 195s? They both look like they'll plot tiny little groups!
Haha I swapped out my ice water rag on the barrel every 10 rounds. Helps a lot!

Planning to shoot 180 ELDM's over H1000 for sure in the 24" Brux 1-9 twist. Deer barrel.

Then when the 26" benchmark shows up, that might be the barrel for N570 and the 160 McGuires, 190 LRHT, 190 Atip or 195 EOL. That'll be the elk barrel lol.