7-300 Nomra

etisll40

It seems now that Norma Precision is making 300 Norma headspace brass and you can buy 338 Norma brass and neck it down to 300, the next logical step will be 7-300 Norma brass. Is there anyone out there that has built a 7-300 Norma?

It seems like given the great design of this cartridge, (338) Norma and now it parents offspring in 30 cal and known quality, look out Lapua.

A nice family, 7 Norma, 300 Norma, 338 Norma, what do you think?

It will blow out the WSM,Win Mag, Rem Mag, RCM at some point I'd think. You wonder when Lapua will recognize the shift. I'd guess buying actions with a Lapua- Norma boltface would be smart in the future. It's .588 boltface?

Any thoughts on this subject gentleman?

It will be interesting to see how this develops, Hornady isn't getting great grades with brass unlike Norma and Lapua. Now that 7mm projectiles are getting heavier, the shorter case design of the 375 Ruger and 338 Norma could compete head to head. It looks like the 7-300 Norma is on par with the 7-375 Ruger and 7 stw, no belt and superior brass selection will most likely win out. I don't see any 7LRM headspace brass or ammunition yet, or does Hornady or someone else make it?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.