7/300wby question for 300-gts

drags

I have a 7/300wby built by Howard Wolfe about 15yrs ago that I use for hunting only, I use the 168 smk with H870 or WC872 and get about 3250fps I have also used IMR7828. What velocity are you getting with your H1000 load, who made your gun and what barrel do you have on it? The only thing I don't like is I only get three reloads from my brass, I have annealed the brass and it is still the same three reloads once in a while four.
When you fireform your brass do you use full power loads?
Drags

This rifle was built also by Howard Wolfe. I'm getting just over 3100fps with my load. It has a 30" HART barrel with an old Mauser 98 action. Yes I do fire form with full loads, and to tell you the truth I've shot some of my groups with brand new brass.

Hi 300-GTS
When I form my brass I just size 300wby brass in a neck or full lenth 7/300 sizer is that how you do it? Also when you shoot the load the first time with full power loads does this reduce case life and how many reloads do you get from your brass?
Thanks Drags

That is the same way I form my brass. I think I could safely say I get 5 or 6 rounds out of my brass before I decide to throw them.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.