6x45 in an AR15

Thebear_78

I'm in the process of putting together a 6x45 upper for my Ar. I should have all of the parts by this weekend. I have a bunch of 85gr Sierra Gamekings and three boxes of Nosler 85gr partitions to start with. I will probably use this for mostly predator hunting and maybe some deer/caribou hunting.

Any of you guys have any 6x45 experience?

Its going to be 20' HBAR barrel
Bushmaster flat top upper
hogue free float hand guard
low profile YHM gas block

I'm in the process of putting together a 6x45 upper for my Ar. I should have all of the parts by this weekend. I have a bunch of 85gr Sierra Gamekings and three boxes of Nosler 85gr partitions to start with. I will probably use this for mostly predator hunting and maybe some deer/caribou hunting.

Any of you guys have any 6x45 experience?

Its going to be 20' HBAR barrel
Bushmaster flat top upper
hogue free float hand guard
low profile YHM gas block

Years ago in a bolt rifle, great fun and has some pop as a yote cartridge. I can't real think of many reasons it shouldn't be a hit in the AR.. as long as they run through.. magazine'.., cartridge length is always a problem with the x45mm case adding larger caliber in rifles like AR15 platform having to through the magazine that is.

I think if I was going to go into the money an time to wildcat a AR15.. I think I'd try something like a 6mmx6.8 SPC... actually I've always thought from day one that, that might have been a better choice "6mm" for the 6.8 SPC case anyway.

Good luck.
Cheer's

Yep love mine. Handles deer with no problem. They usually tip right over. Weird cause its a small round but they usually don't go far. The partitions are the ticket. Also had luck with the 95 stt or bt but you will want to remove the plastic top to get more length. Doesn't seem to affect accuracy much until out past 300 yards. The 85 interbond is also supposedly amazing but can't get them right now. Enjoy

First loads

85gr Sierra GK HPBT
H335 24.5gr
COL 2.254"
Fed 205 match

Hopefully these shoot pretty good, I have several hundred of the 85gr Sierra GK. They were one of my go to bullets in the 243 winchester.

6x45 on the right 223 55gr SP on the left

I got it all finished up. Looking forward to getting to to the range this weekend. Its lighter than I thought it would be and the 3-9x40 CDS should work out nicely after I figure out a dedicated load and get a custom dial to match.

My 6x45 can hold 1/4 5-shot group at a 100 yards if I do my part. Works great on deer. From past experience and research, it is very easy to find a good load.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.