6mm UM( 6mm Saum improved)

Currently on my 2nd 6saum barrel, that was cut with my own spec'd out reamer. Its a 24" 4 groove bartlein running 105s at 3450 comfortably. Dtacs pressure out around 3350ish. With already short barrel life, it makes zero sense to waste it fire forming the UM version to squeeze a tiny bit more velocity. My last barrel dropped speed between 700-750 rounds, but i was also testing a bunch of different powders trying to get as much data out of that as a test barrel. I wasn't exactly easy on it.

In my opinion, the UM version of the saum is identical to the primal version of the 6prc. Not worth the money or the squeeze, for the little gain.

Gotcha, I've got to buckle down and build a hot 6mm as it's been over a decade now since my 6-284 went in the bin. It was a tough one to stuff in a short with 105+ bullets. Love barrel burners but am not yet old enough/retired to fire form, but it's definitely interesting to see what everyone comes up with and their reasons why.

Gotcha, I've got to buckle down and build a hot 6mm as it's been over a decade now since my 6-284 went in the bin. It was a tough one to stuff in a short with 105+ bullets. Love barrel burners but am not yet old enough/retired to fire form, but it's definitely interesting to see what everyone comes up with and their reasons why.
Fire forming is the only thing bothering me
About this chambering, perhaps I can neck down, and then hydraulic form with a Whidden die. I'm any case, this would be an experiment for me, if I hate the steps to make it work I can pull the barrel and move to something else

I don't think I was against fireforming so much when I was younger, but components were far more readily available and my time much less valuable. These days going one case size up with a neck down seems to be the easy button. Especially given the plethora of quality designed cartridges in 2 grain increments. Granted if a mouse trap is good enough.... It's probably still worth it.