6mm f-class caliber!!!

I know this about wssm's thats why i dont want one. Now i either want a 6mm remington in a 30 inch tube, or a 243 in a 30 inch tube. And 55 grainers for long range comepetition? haha your funny.

I had my barrel cut to a length of 26 inches because you only lose about 15 fps for every inch and the difference in weight & forward weight was more important to me. Also the extra weight on the end of your barrel can make your rifle front heavy which makes holding it horizontal more difficult and since it out of balance it will feel heaver even though it isn't. gun- - - - - - - - - -

joseph

PS: I would also get a Brux barrel ( every one of them are guaranteed to be match quality ) with 1 in 8 inch twist and shoot 105 gr. Berger VLDs for competition & everything else you shoot at.

I know this about wssm's thats why i dont want one. Now i either want a 6mm remington in a 30 inch tube, or a 243 in a 30 inch tube. And 55 grainers for long range comepetition? haha your funny.

I didn't use 55 gr. bullets for long range. They were the only bullets that shot close to 1/2" groups. All the others shot between 1+1/4" and 1+1/2" groups at 100 yards.

I finally went to my 6mm Norma BR. with Berger 105 gr. VLDs. Which cost me $1443.00 plus scope. :D:D:D:D

joseph

Attachments

• pst 2.jpg
    pst 2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 53
I had my barrel cut to a length of 26 inches because you only lose about 15 fps for every inch and the difference in weight & forward weight was more important to me. Also the extra weight on the end of your barrel can make your rifle front heavy which makes holding it horizontal more difficult and since it out of balance it will feel heaver even though it isn't. gun- - - - - - - - - -

joseph

PS: I would also get a Brux barrel ( every one of them are guaranteed to be match quality ) with 1 in 8 inch twist and shoot 105 gr. Berger VLDs for competition & everything else you shoot at.

1 inch for 15 fps huh? Because i thought the same thing with my 300 win mag and cut 2 inches off.... i lost 200 fps, i got a new barrel for it and had it in 30 inches. I had a 200 FPS gain from the old 28 inch barrel..... The 6mm remington with a 30 inch barrel and hot loads can drive a 105 grain bullet at 3400 FPS....

I didn't use 55 gr. bullets for long range. They were the only bullets that shot close to 1/2" groups. All the others shot between 1+1/4" and 1+1/2" groups at 100 yards.

I finally went to my 6mm Norma BR. with Berger 105 gr. VLDs. Which cost me $1443.00 plus scope. :D:D:D:D

joseph

I got a bit of personal information that i wanna share with you right now! I got a chubby right now oh my god i cant believe it AAAAHHHH (Line on my favorite movie :D ).... wow that is a nice rifle, mind sharing some specs
And i just cant afford almost a dollar for 1 piece of brass because its from lapua and norma...

Banjo I should have said "I" instead of "YOU" lose 15 fps per inch on my 6mm Norma BR. Actually it was about 70 fps. from my 30 inch barrel to 26 inches. My rifle was very front heavy and I am not comfortable with front heavy rifles. He was talking about a .243 and I was commenting on that. You can kill an elk at over 600 yds with a .243, but I would use my .30 caliber. My 6mm Norma BR. was built for antelope which I probably would not shoot one much past 600 yds.

joseph

PS: Now at the time we were believing the numbers on the chronographs were accurate and we did use two different ones. One when the barrel was 30 inches and then another one when the barrel was cut down to 26 inches.

Banjo I should have said "I" instead of "YOU" lose 15 fps per inch on my 6mm Norma BR. Actually it was about 70 fps. from my 30 inch barrel to 26 inches. My rifle was very front heavy and I am not comfortable with front heavy rifles. He was talking about a .243 and I was commenting on that. You can kill an elk at over 600 yds with a .243, but I would use my .30 caliber. My 6mm Norma BR. was built for antelope which I probably would not shoot one much past 600 yds.

joseph

PS: Now at the time we were believing the numbers on the chronographs were accurate and we did use two different ones. One when the barrel was 30 inches and then another one when the barrel was cut down to 26 inches.

I never said that... i was simply saying thats wierd that you only had a loss of 30 fps with it... i didnt mean for the huh to sound like i was gonna argue and tell you you werent correct. I was saying it like i found something out and i was surprised by it.

joseph

thats the bad thing about talking on the internet. there is no tone to what you are saying.

I never said that... i was simply saying thats wierd that you only had a loss of 30 fps with it... i didnt mean for the huh to sound like i was gonna argue and tell you you werent correct. I was saying it like i found something out and i was surprised by it.

No feelings hurt. :D I had 4 inches cut off. The biggest thing that I really liked was the rifle was almost perfectly balanced with the barrel at 26 inches. Before that I was always fighting with it when trying to carry it.

joseph

PS: By the way this is the most accurate rifle I ever owned and the second most accurate rifle I ever owned was a used factory 1969 Winchester .243 24" varmint barrel which I bought in 1971. It would consistently shoot 5 shots in the .3s at 100 yds. using Searra .85 gr. HPBT Game Kings and IMR 4350 powder. I loved that rifle.

No feelings hurt. :D I had 4 inches cut off. The biggest thing that I really liked was the rifle was almost perfectly balanced with the barrel at 26 inches. Before that I was always fighting with it when trying to carry it.

joseph

PS: By the way this is the most accurate rifle I ever owned and the second most accurate rifle I ever owned was a used factory 1969 Winchester .243 24" varmint barrel which I bought in 1971. It would consistently shoot 5 shots in the .3s at 100 yds. using Searra .85 gr. HPBT Game Kings and IMR 4350 powder. I loved that rifle.

The most accurate rifle i have ever bought is a savage 111 hunter series. It will shoot .5s at 100 all day long with no problem and .25s if i really put my heart and soul into getting each and every shot touching one another. and a half inch group still is very good... very good... especially for a hunting rifle :) it shoots 3 to 5 inches at 1000 yards on a non windy day. :) that was a great 700 dollar investment, glass included.

You are a better shot than I. The best I have shot at 1,000 was a 3 shot group that measured 3+1/4" the best 5 shot group was 8+1/8". Where I shoot in competition you are not competitive unless your 5 shot groups are 3 inches or smaller.

joseph

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.