F-Class caliber?

Banjo....You don't have to. I listed another method for the light to come on for you.

Why are you here anyway?

People come on this forum fall into two categories....they are here either to learn or share the results of thier experience to help others learn.

This forum isn't for trolls/tools who have nothing more than an interest in antagonizing others on a discipline (LR Hunting) that they know nothing about.

I've read your posts....you've contributed nothing IMHO to this great forum. And it appears as though you've chased off the more knowledgeable sages of your previous threads.

So my two cents to you...and others like you. edit. Go to another forum. And yes....if we were in person I'd say the same...and trust me...you'd listen to my advice.

Or.... you could sit on your hands for while. Post respectfully. Learn. Become a better LR shooter. And then maybe someday, you can help someone else along...when they don't understand why a 7mm Rem Mag can "make a rookie look good".

Hope that wasn't to harsh. If it was for you....well toughen up Francis. You've got a lot to learn. You're going to have a helluva time learning LR hunting all by yourself with an attitude like yours. There's a lot of great knowledgable folks on here. It tweaks me to see someone like yourself muck this forum up.

woah... i just said i dont use ballistic calculators.... If you dont find that respectful, well, TOUGHEN UP FRANCIS. To muck this forum up? are you retarded? I SIMPLY SAID THAT I DONT USE BALLISTIC CALCULATORS. If you raid it in a tone that was unkind, read it again with a different tone and you will finally understand. Could someone recommend a ballistics calculator? If you think long range hunting is some skill that only professionals may take up, think again, You put a bullet in an 8 inch circle on a deers vitals, he'll go down sooner or later. now did this thread even have to do with hunting? NO. trying to be nice here, but i guess that doesent always please everyone now does it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Autorotate, that's why I decided to continue to post...somewhat. It was to give knowledge to those who stumbled across this thread and try to glean some knowledge. Better to have some good info rather than a bunch of nonsense. Though this thread could have had much better info. It's a shame really.:rolleyes:

and thanks to you, really. You've been a great contribution to this thread and i appreciate that. You have some great knowledge about this subject and i thank you for sharing some of it with me.

I see your wish list already has the caliber you desire for F-class... 6.5x284Norma.

Why yes it does... I found a 6.5x284 Norma for only eight hundred bucks... all thats left it to put a new barrel on it and about 200 bucks of gunsmithing, and a 300 dollar stock... of course i only need the new barrel to get into it, the other can come with time. :)

Why yes it does... I found a 6.5x284 Norma for only eight hundred bucks... all thats left it to put a new barrel on it and about 200 bucks of gunsmithing, and a 300 dollar stock... of course i only need the new barrel to get into it, the other can come with time. :)
Time is all I can do to build my rifles. What barrel do you plan to use? Stock? Have you looked into a bipod?

Time is all I can do to build my rifles. What barrel do you plan to use? Stock? Have you looked into a bipod?

oh yeah... I forgot about a 30 dollar bipod :p i have one on my 7mm rem mag, wifes 243, and dads 300 win mag. I will have one on ever single rifle i will ever own... they do wonders.... And i can pretty easily get a lilja barrel, but what do you recommend? I need it under 400 bucks.

oh yeah... I forgot about a 30 dollar bipod :p i have one on my 7mm rem mag, wifes 243, and dads 300 win mag. I will have one on ever single rifle i will ever own... they do wonders.... And i can pretty easily get a lilja barrel, but what do you recommend? I need it under 400 bucks.
Good luck finding something under $400 right now. I know Sin-Arms has Lothar Walther barrels for $375, but they are Savage drop ins. You could try Shilen, Pac-Nor, and E.R. Shaw. Other than those, can't help ya. Other options or in the $450+ range. Worth it, but you'll pay for it.

Good luck finding something under $400 right now. I know Sin-Arms has Lothar Walther barrels for $375, but they are Savage drop ins. You could try Shilen, Pac-Nor, and E.R. Shaw. Other than those, can't help ya. Other options or in the $450+ range. Worth it, but you'll pay for it.

i found one by lilja in my price range. Are they a good quality barrel?

a drop in would be nice... but i could have a gunmith fit it for me. Any suggestions on drop ins?

Does the $400 cover the barrel and gunsmithing? If not the gunsmithing and just the barrel, then I suggest Benchmark, lilja, Criterion, Krieger, or Lothar Walther. I've shot and owned a Lothar. It is very accurate and uses a harder stainless steel than American stainless. My cousin owns two benchmarks. Both are extremely accurate even during break in. He also owns a Douglas barrel that is very accurate. He shot a 6.5" group at 1100yds on its first outing with the Douglas.

Does the $400 cover the barrel and gunsmithing? If not the gunsmithing and just the barrel, then I suggest Benchmark, lilja, Criterion, Krieger, or Lothar Walther. I've shot and owned a Lothar. It is very accurate and uses a harder stainless steel than American stainless. My cousin owns two benchmarks. Both are extremely accurate even during break in. He also owns a Douglas barrel that is very accurate. He shot a 6.5" group at 1100yds on its first outing with the Douglas.

400 bucks w/o gunsmithing, i have heard great things about douglas and benchmark.

400 bucks w/o gunsmithing, i have heard great things about douglas and benchmark.

Either will work well for you. I believe the Douglas will be a little less expensive. The benchmarks are amazing. Even during barrel break in we produced one hole groups with unproven loads. They clean up quick after break in also.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.