6mm creedmoor - 108gr eldm

cb4128

I'm going to try a different load for my 6mm creedmoor this year - I've been using the 105gr berger vld's and while they have worked well for antelope, deer and hogs, I just feel like there may be better options out there. Most of the time they run 20-30 yards and there's been a lot of bloodshot meat, with no exit wound.

I'm considering trying the 108gr eldm's. I load the 75gr eldm's in my 22 creedmoor and they worked very well for whitetails for my son and buddy on 3 mature deer - shot distance average was about 130 yards and average distance traveled was about 10 steps after the shot with blood trails and exits on 2 of the 3. I was thinking the 108gr would be more of the same but more lead down range.

Has anyone shot these in their 6 creedmoor at antelope, whitetail, varmints? I have some factory loaded ammo going 2,885 fps out of my 22" barrel setup, but figured I could get some more HP from my handloads as well.

Thanks for any help!

Haven't used them myself, but have used the 123 6.5 amax on lots of deer, they all die REAL QUICK. also seen another guy shoot a cow elk with the 108, it also died REAL QUICK.

I'm getting 3187fps out of my 6mm Creed with hand loads, 105 Berger HVLD's and a 25" barrel. You should be able to do a lot better than 2885fps in a 22" with hand loads.

No experience with the 108M's though.

I was at 2860 with a 22 in barrel and the 108's with superproformance. I went to the 105 Berger's for coyotes and steel.

I'm putting together 2 different 6 Creeds right now, and if there is only 70 to 85fps difference over my 6mmarc, I'm going to be really disappointed.

H4350,rl 26 will be your friend. The 108's I didn't test very deep. I found an acceptable load at the time because I got 8lbs of pounder for 118 bucks on clearance. It shot fine. Then I could find the 108's any more and swapped to the Berger's. I have an es of 4. I'm just over 3k and love every second shooting it. I don't think you will be disappointed in the 6 creed. Lapua brass and small primer pockets also seemed to make a difference for me.

There is also a trade-off in barrel life for the higher speeds.
Oldman told me "son, they make barrels when we are sleeping at nite, don't worry about that"…what's the point of having a funny car and driving it at pro stock speeds? ;)

I'm running a 105 hybrid in a 20" barrel at 3k and they would give you the performance you are looking for. Big, nasty exits…to the point, I've used the term "punched above their weight class". I'm going to lay the 6.5 and 7's down this fall and only shoot the 22 and 6 creeds. I won't shoot anything this fall that warrants bigger.

Signed,

Not an eld fan