6mm Ackley Improved for Chuck

LRSickle

003.jpg

Just an update. I finally got my 6mm Ackley done. I tried Varget, IMR 4350, IMR 4064 and RL22 with 75gr Hornady V-Max and Sierra 75gr HPs. All of them shot good but the Sierra 75 HPs shot REALLY well!
Here's the specs if your interested:
I had the barrel chambered and fitted by Dean Parker in Wellsville, Utah. He's a very successful benchrest shooter. I started with a Stiller Predator V action, left port, right bolt with no ejector. The barrel is a 1-8 twist, four groove, Palma/F-class weight Bartlein.
Dean chambered the barrel to 6mm Ackley Improved with a .271 neck which gives me a .001-.002 neck tension depending on how I turn my necks. It's a single shot so I can get away with low neck tension without worrying about bullets coming out in my magazine.
The trigger is a Timmney set at 1.75.
I topped it off with a Nightforce NXS 5-15x50 with MLR reticle. I highly recomend Nightforce scopes!
When the weather clears I'll get out and see how fast I can drive the Sierras before my groups open up.

004.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.