6 ARC

gvjm

So it's with great interest I've been following the new 6 ARC for hunting applications. It seems to be the equivalent of a short barreled 243 out of a 24" barrel in an AR-15 platform. I get wanting to hunt with an AR-15 platform, but I find most AR-15 calibers have too many trade offs. So far the 6 Arc seems to be approaching the performance of standard calibers. A lightweight AR-10 seems to fit the bill better but they're pricey and heavy! What thoughts or experiences do you have about the ARC?

I've been using mine on coyotes since January. Significantly more accurate than an ar should be. Supersonic beyond 1,000y (and I have a 22" er shaw barrel". Shoots .5moa with factory 108 eldm. Almost no recoil, long barrel life, cheap ammo, (when you can find it, normal price is about $25/box). It does many things well. I will be trying it on whitetail in the fall..

Just built 2. Waiting on trigger pins to make them go bang! Can't believe I forgot to order those.
239B55D9-161D-4FC6-91A6-A331D0F615FB.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.