6.5prc to 7saum conversion?

OG-danimal

Hey all,
I have a proof mtr in 6.5 prc. Love everything about it but hate the 6.5prc and all of the BS reloading issues… how difficult is it to convert to a 7 saum? Is it as easy as a barrel swap?
Thanks

Yes sir.
Swap to a 7 SAUM shouldered prefit.
It should spin right up and headspace correctly on that Origin action and be ready to rock.

Hey all,
I have a proof mtr in 6.5 prc. Love everything about it but hate the 6.5prc and all of the BS reloading issues… how difficult is it to convert to a 7 saum? Is it as easy as a barrel swap?
Thanks
its a pretty easy conversion .. one thing to check is if the front of the mag lines up with feed ramp not loosing any mag cap.
if it doesn't and your feed ramp hangs over the mag lip you'll need to notch it a little

Sweet thanks all. The 6.5 prc has tons of problems with "clickers," FL resizing, and not being able to use certain brass and dies. It's very frustrating
Can you explain this a bit more? I still don't understand the issue and have been thinking about a 6.5 prc. Thanks.

Can you explain this a bit more? I still don't understand the issue and have been thinking about a 6.5 prc. Thanks.
Here a link to the conversation on the 6.5 prc problem only relating to reloading. It's a long thread started a while ago but lots of info in here

The simple explanation is the sammi specs are too tight. Not enough wiggle room... and so when you reload the brass you get unpredictable pressure increases.

I for one blew a primer in a load well under max... not cool.

Typically chambers near the web in this case is 0.005 larger than virgin brass at a minimum. Allows the web to expand slightly over multiple reloadings.

In the prc case they designed it to only be 0.003 or so difference. I believe it makes factory ammo very accurate, but reloading is a mess because you get these random "clickers" and pressure spikes.

Some guys are lucky and got a "sloppy" factory chamber and so they never have problems, but lots of ppl have had problems as evidence by the thread. Referenced.

Hey all,
Thanks
I am having more clicker issues with the 7 Saum than I am with 6.5 PRC.
I am using ADG for both.
The issue I am having with PRC isnt clickers but bolt won't close on once fired brass.
I can tap or beat the bolt closed then they fire and they extract easily.
Spent almost 5k each to build. Going to have to work on both, royal pain in the butt to deal with just to shoot.