sako conversion to 6.5 x 284?

I do not know a lot about the Sako actions. DO NOT BUY A SHORT ACTION TO BUILD A 6.5X284.

Let me tell you about one of the most expensive mistakes I ever made and it was a hard lesson on the wallet.

I was referred to a SAKO store where the owner is all about Sako. I took his advice and had a 6.5x284 built on a sako short action M591. This was a horrible mistake on my part for not learning more about the 6.5x284. With all due respect to the person who owns this store and made the recommendation, he was misleading to me, and after the fact I felt like he just wanted to make a sale because I shoot left handed and he had a LH action in stock.

The project turned out to be a disaster as the 140 and 130 bullets I tried were stuffed so deep into the case that even the minimum charge of powder was over max and velocity SUCKED.

So, if your action is a long action, you'll be fine. If it is a short action, FORGET THE THOUGHT OF CONVERTING IT TO A 6.5X284.

Of interest, my Sako M591 action was converted to a 308 within 2 months after I received it as a new 6.5x284. Very hard lesson learned on my part.

Thank me later.
If it must be on a short action you should go with the 6.5x284 Winchester if you have a long action go with the Norma