6.5mm Super in the works.

Burning lots of powder and wrecking brass! 😆
Oh man have I learned much in the past 6 years.
Thanks for bringing this thread back to life. It was a good reminder of the early days.
More specifically to answer your question... It was a Warbird that had a 1/12 twist barrel on it (if I remember correctly). I was shooting coated 150 grain barnes solids. It would shoot 3/4 moa at 3750+.
I tried to shoot heavier bullets but it didnt like it as much. Eventually I grew up and got over the whole speed kills thing and rebarreled it to a 300 Norma Improved. These days I run 230 berger at 3200 in a 28 inch. Much better at longer range.
Thanks for the reply.I have not been able to achieve that kind of velocity and maintain accuracy .Ive pretty much given up on the 308 Win anyway since there are much better choices for long distance shooting.
I shoot a 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC and every now and then my 284 Shehane.

You need to read Swamplords post. He has created the 6.5 Pro that pushes the 140gr bullet to 3700fps. He has set up for it to go into production. The 264 WM is good with the right powder combo. I have pushed a Woodleigh 160gr PPSN to 3261fps which is out of a Remington 721 with a 30" Shilen barrel with 6 grove 1 in 8 twist.

Prometheus.... the Bringer of Fire..... is reborn !

Bullet Weight:
140 gr

Muzzle Velocity:
3700 fps

Muzzle Energy:
4257 ft-lbs

AmmoGuide is now... "Interactive"!

The original case dimensions were created in May 2011 for the "7.62 PRO" then re-designed and necked down to 6.5mm in February, 2012 by Pro Martusheff specifically for the Sako TRGS M995 action. The idea evolved in the spring of 2011 and became reality when KRG Welcome to KRG made a stock for the SAKO M995 that uses AICS "CIP" length 5-10 round magazines, The parent 338 Norma Magnum was perfectly suited for this action and and AICS mags.

Given the amount of powder it burns for the 6.5mm bullets, the wildcat was originally named "6.5 Prometheus" to pay homage to the Greek Titan Prometheus (the bringer of fire) who stole fire from Zeus and gave it to man. The short name for it is 6.5 PRO (Precision Rifled Ordnance). Basically it's a 6.5mm cannon that brings fire. The shoulder was changed to 35° and neck length to .342", the base of the case was retained at .589", the shoulder pushed forward to 1.9549" , I wanted a bit more taper in the case for extraction when shooting high pressure max loads and the width at the top of the body is .570" giving the case a .019" taper
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger

Thats sounds like an awesome round..Yall are way more advanced than me. Thanks for sharing.

Recent Posts