6.5 x 300 WSM Load Data

One of our gunsmith regulars has had great success with it, but he has not been around for a while. Chris Mathews at Long Shot Rifles has info I am sure. Not sure exactly how to contact him, perhaps guys here will have some up to date info. If Chris says a load works, it will.

Very interesting cartridge, would be interested to see what you find out.

Good luck, hope someone here can lend a hand.

I got in touch with a guy here locally, gonna try a ladder test between 65gr and 67gr Retumbo and see what happens. Will post results when I get 'em. Thanks for responding, was wondering if anyone else could see me here!

Here I am!!!!

I am using Retumbo or H1000 in mine. Have 2 actually....

64-68 gr of either one...work up to your max, of course.
Have shot 142 MK, 141 Cauterucios or the 139 Scenars with good success.

My wife won the Iowa State 1000yd BR Championships with it.

I haven't tried the heavier bullets, but I've had really good luck with the 130 gr. TSX. My rifle is built on a MRC 1999 action with a 25 inch, 1 in 8 twist Lilja barrel. I tried H4831, RL22 and RL25. My best luck was with 65 gr. of RL25, Winchester brass and Fed 215 primers. Accuracy was excellent (half moa) and the velocity was right around 3400 fps. I could have gone with a heavier charge, as this load definitely isn't pushing the pressure envelope in my gun, but that was the velocity I was looking for and accuracy was great.

Pete