6.5 Swift Scirocco?

Autorotate19

I was wanting some info on the swift scirocco bullets? Here lately I have been shooting 140gr bergers in my .264 win mag but I cant hardly find any and its getting on my nerves. After looking around I found the 130gr scirocco with a B.C. of .571 should work great for long range hunting. Has anyone had experience with them? I have heard they can be a pain in the *** to get to shoot. Is this true, any info is appreciated.

Thanks

They shoot pretty good in my 6.5 rem mag 24" Douglas barrel. Decided to try them also because of the high BC and wanted a tougher bullet than a Sierra GK and a bigger exit hole than a Accubond. I get 3100 fps without pushing them hard.

First Scirroccos I ever got to shoot in any caliber.

I never have tried them myself. I will not pay the price they want for them. I like the 130 Accubond in my 264 Win mag at 3350 fps.

It would be worth it to give them a try!
Buy them, try them and if you don't like them I'll buy the rest from you.
But you have to give me a good deal.LOL!!

I have a buddy who shoots them and they have worked out awesome. He's shooting them in a 6.5WSM at I believe 3200fps. Very good results on game.

If I get a 6.5x55mm Swede, then the Scirocco 6.5 will be compared against an Accubond.

I just got a box of .224 Scirocco II today. It's about the only hunting bullet of 75 grain weight in .224 caliber. Partition is 60 grain. Barnes X-type is 62 grains for 9" twist barrel. Scirocco II leads in BC and SD in .224 medium game hunting bullets.

Not sure if they will stabilize in my 9" twist barrel on my CZ 527. Will soon be finding out.

Seems that African game professionals generally like A-Frame and Scirocco bullets. One reported far less failures than Barnes. Pure copper is more ductile than gilding metal so will open easier but have less tendency to snap off the petals. Downside is that copper fouling will be much higher.

Trophy Bonded Bear Claw ($1 each), North Fork solids (way over $1 each), GS Custom solids (ditto) and some others are much more expensive than Swift Scirocco or A-Frame. 60 grain Partitions are $43/100 ($21.49 for 50) and 75 grain Sciroccos are $46/100 from MidwayUSA. For the amount of weight, the Scirocco is actually cheaper than Partition, but not by each. Not a lot of options for premium big game bullets in .224 caliber yet.

The Scirocco II will hopefully turn my CZ 527 in a mini-Swede.

The Scirocco is a kickass bullet on game and a pain in the *** to get to shoot in many rifles, unfortunately. I didn't have much of a problem in my 30.06, 7mag, 270, or 300 RUM. I've killed mostly bears with them with flawless outcomes.

My first black bear killed with a firearm fell to the 180 Scirocco over a hefty case full of Reloder 22. In fact, so did the next 3.

I have used a lot of these. They are great game killers, always expand but always penetrate right through. And they are accurate - I have had several 3 shots in one hole groups at 100 yds. I regard them as the best game bullets in the world.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.