Swift Scirocco Bonded

sjadventures

Hi y'all, I am new here and I will post a hello and who I am ASAP but right now I was wondering if anyone here personally have input about the performance of the Swift Scirocco Bonded bullet? I have read what I can find about it up to now and it sounds like maybe it is a ballistic tipped bullet that will get the job done on game animals right up there with all the other quality bonded bullets while letting you enjoy the ballistic tip benefits also.

I have had great luck with this bullet! I shoot the 180 out of a custom 300rum with a 26" shilen at 3420. have taken two elk and one deer at around the 500 yard mark, not extremly far but i know the gun and bullet are capable of doing a great job at much further ranges.

I use the 180gr in my 300 win. mag. I get less than a minute 3 shot group at 100 yards. I took a 6 foot black bear at 600 yards last spring, hit him behind the front shoulder bullet went clean through and the bear only went 50 yards. I have taken a buck at 450, 230, and one at just under 200 yards. The buck at 450 was quartering away, the bullet entered in his flanks and was sitting right on the inside of the hide on the opposite front shoulder. Looked like good weight retention, have'nt measured it. The other two deer were dropped in their tracks, the bullet seemed to hold together good and performed great. I think these are a really good all around bullet.

This is good to know as i am thinking about trying the 150 out of my 7 mm stw dueto a failure with a 140 accubond

Blacktail,
Please let me know how it goes with your STW. I am thinking of biulding one and that is the bullet I would like to shoot.
Thanks,
Levi

Thats all i shoot out of my 300RUM,180gr. at everything from Woodchucks to Deer. Bang/Flop.
6687Guns_054.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.