6.5 SHERMAN MAX

I built a 1:14 twist 6-06 that shoots 65Gr Vmax at 4300 FPS... why... because it's down right silly buggers, and that's a bloody good reason.

A 6.5 Max looks like the cartridge of wanted for some time. And it's also "fully sick."

By that I mean, it meets the desired caliber (sectional density, Projectile BC, velocity and ballistics/drop) that I like; within a powder charge I find reasonable and barrel life that is acceptable from a financial standpoint.

6.5 Max looks great.

Last edited:
Can
I have one being built right now. 26" proof sendero 1:8, lone peak razor ti, ag composites Visigoth stock, Huber single stage trigger, gonna be sweet!

CAN YOU PLEASE SHOOT A 95GR or lighter at max speed and tell us what you get velocity wise. 2209 will probably be your friend.

Sell stuff? Like dictionaries?

If recoil is such a moot point. Why do so many shooters in PRS and other competitive circuits use such heavy guns? Maybe it's more efficient to run around with an 18lb rifle?

To sell new cartridges that do nothing that old ones don't already accomplish.

I have no idea why tacticool PRS guys do what they do, nor care what the man buns of the shooting world do with their Creedmoors.

I have no idea why tacticool PRS guys do what they do, nor care what the man buns of the shooting world do with their Creedmoors.

You're right. Innovation is stupid and change is terrifying.

(I wish I had the hairline for a man bun. Stupid hipsters.)

Definitely the guy you want to listen to when considering/ evaluating something new. Obviously evaluates things with an open mind and evaluates facts objectively. BTW, PRS guys (and gals) do what they do because it works and provides an advantage over things they don't do/ use. It's science and physics. You don't have to understand or believe it. But nevertheless, they are absolute, unbiased, and irrefutable.