6.5 saum reamer confusion

Highdrum, what dies are you using with adg brass, and what reamer specs?
I sold the lone peak razor ti rifle a while back. But still have the tikka. Hells canyon armory used a 298nk reamer, and had him throat it out a ways for heavies. Freebore is around 170 I believe. I have a set of whidden bushing dies as well as rcbs matchmaster dies. I like the rcbs more honestly. I have too many 6.5s and will probably be keeping the 6.5 prc, so my Tikka 6.5 saum will be going up for sale at the end of the month. I did take an elk with it this fall successfully with 122 Cayuga solids @ 3400 fps. The bullet worked well on deer/antelope but is a lil small for elk. He soaked up the first 3 shots in the vitals very quickly, the 4th round I put high shoulder and he folded like a card table.

I sold the lone peak razor ti rifle a while back. But still have the tikka. Hells canyon armory used a 298nk reamer, and had him throat it out a ways for heavies. Freebore is around 170 I believe. I have a set of whidden bushing dies as well as rcbs matchmaster dies. I like the rcbs more honestly. I have too many 6.5s and will probably be keeping the 6.5 prc, so my Tikka 6.5 saum will be going up for sale at the end of the month. I did take an elk with it this fall successfully with 122 Cayuga solids @ 3400 fps. The bullet worked well on deer/antelope but is a lil small for elk. He soaked up the first 3 shots in the vitals very quickly, the 4th round I put high shoulder and he folded like a card table.
Yeah from what I've seen in doing some expansion testing with Cayugas they look super sketchy at best.
Literally only the very tip of those bullets come apart, supposedly all the damage comes from tumbling.. Right..
No way in hell I'd use them for long range elk hunting

Yeah from what I've seen in doing some expansion testing with Cayugas they look super sketchy at best.
Literally only the very tip of those bullets come apart, supposedly all the damage comes from tumbling.. Right..
No way in hell I'd use them for long range elk hunting
I put 4 rounds on target very quickly. 3 in vitals that were about 3-4" group at 580y, the fourth was high shoulder all went down in less than 15 seconds. I had never really practiced rapid fire, but I shoot a LOT. It was super weird, my body/mind just went into a different place until I watched him hit the dirt, I was out of rounds by that time, so I'm glad it worked out!