6.5 SAUM Range update

After my basement and reloading room flooded from the hurricane at the beginning of August, I finally have my reloading room/shop put back together. I had 3" of water in my finished basement, which was carpeted. It has been a mess to remediate to say the least. But it is nearly all done.

Reloaded and shot a little today and played with some seating depth from 10 thou to .28 thou in 3 thou increments. 156 Berger EH, using 59.0 RL 26, CCI 250, ADG Brass (once fired). 3040 average FPS. Single digits ES and SD. Group was from 100 yards

I loaded some more tonight and going to confirm this load with a few 5 shot groups and some groups shot out to 500 yards.

1599961755530.png

That's very nice, Victoria! Looks like you are doing your homework!

Sorry about the basement☹!

-YZ

Thanks! Yeah, the hurricane was brutal. Our ground was already saturated from all the rain this year. During the hurricane we had 7" of rain in 2 hours. Once I lost power, by the time I got to the generator and hooked up the sump pump, it was too late. Good news is, I will have a like new finished basement!

Just looking for twist rate. Thanks
Sorry that I just now saw this. Mine is an 8 twist 27" barrel. No stability issue with 142 smk's or 147 elds which is really no surprise. Final load ended up being 65gr of N570 in adg brass with 147s about .050 from lands @ 3149fps. Norma/once fired prime ammo brass was running the same speeds with less powder but more pressure, they had a little less capacity.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.