6.5 saum feeding issues

JD250

Hi all, I'm gettin ready to start a saum build on the defiance ultralight in a medium "SA" or their xm action. I have been told that these have had feeding problems unless you run a detachable mag. I don't really want to run a detachable mag if I don't have to, does anyone have any experience with this or is it a myth? Any one built one on the defiance action which action would be best SA or XM?
Thanks

That myth is false. They feed fine out of bdl configuration. I've built them off both the SA as well as the XM and both work well. I've had 7 6.5 saums and all have been built with BDL bottom metal, no issues with any of them. I've always ran a wyatts window box. Truthfully, I can't see packing the extra weight in a magazine for a hunting rifle.

I like the SA. Here is my current on on defiance action

Attachments

• IMG_2966.jpg
    IMG_2966.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 144
As of right now I plan on shooting 140 bergers, the xm action is 3.200 which is plenty of room but if I don't need it I would rather buy a SA from what I've read the SA seems to be pretty popular for detachable mag guys. CPGfan says he runs bdl bottom metal with no issues shooting vld's so hopefully it will work for me also.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.