6.5 proof carbon barrel

As I stated before I have a Proof on order so no personal experience for me but in all my research I've done one of the great things about the Proof carbon sendero was that it didn't have a POI change from any conditions. I would like to see also what other have to say.

I foul my tube prior to hunting. Meaning if it shoots best after 3 shots. Clean, shoot 3 foulers then go hunting. I personally, clean prior to season. Then foul to get a dead nut cold bore zero. Then don't clean till after season. If that makes sense?

I'm not sure if it's a carbon barrel thing or what, but my Christensen is dead on cold bore every time, it's made me a believer in carbon barrels.

I've yet to clean my barrel and don't plan to until accuracy degrades. But, I'm seeinf very very little impact shift with heat

Does these barrel not build up cooper like some factory barrels since they are match grade and how many rounds do have without cleaning yet

My stw has right around 200 this season since cleaning. Still shooting .25 moa. I can out shoot me everyday.

Mine is extremely slick and doesn't seem to take copper fast at all. I'm approaching 100 rounds. It was cleaned by my gunsmith after test fire and I haven't touched it since.

I have noticed that the proof barrels don't speed up like others have. Maybe 15-20 FPS.

I had DMR Rifles in Las Vegas build a 6.5CM with a Proof Barrel to my specs. Here's a nice video with the rifle details and a little bit about how I came up with this rifle. Hit me up if you have any questions.

I foul my tube prior to hunting. Meaning if it shoots best after 3 shots. Clean, shoot 3 foulers then go hunting. I personally, clean prior to season. Then foul to get a dead nut cold bore zero. Then don't clean till after season. If that makes sense?
I do this with all my rifles no matter who made the barrel or what bullets Im shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.