6.5 proof carbon barrel

Lenwood901

was thinking about puting a proof carbon barrel on my savage model 12fv and would like any feedback from people using this barrel.

I think Gunwerks uses proof barrels, those things are amazing. Tough and accurate, I watched a video where the guy smashes a cinder block with the barrel then shoots a 1" group with it right after. It's pretty impressive. Awesome barrel, I don't think you can go wrong with a proof.

This a 200 yrd group with less than 20 rounds down the barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_2725.PNG
    IMG_2725.PNG
    167.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2726.PNG
    IMG_2726.PNG
    195.6 KB · Views: 226
My brother and I have switched all are barrels out for them. I just had a 6.5 creed built on a 700 action cut to 11" length of pull and a 20" proof, for my kids to shoot. Getting the same MV as my brothers 6.5x47. His has a 24" tube. It is a badass little gun for the kids, great balance with a suppressor. An I just might hunt with it a little too!

Agreed. I puts 22" prefit on a savage lightweight action a few years ago and it was a solid 1/2" shooter. I didn't even bed the Tupperware stock, just took a dowel and sandpaper and enlarged the barrel channel.

Attachments

• 13D7CCF4-F709-499A-B10A-6B460EF590AB.jpeg
    13D7CCF4-F709-499A-B10A-6B460EF590AB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 186
Thank you guys sounds like I can't go wrong How many rounds can you shoot till it's not so accurate with your guys experience. After 5 rounds it's starts to move alittle

Ours are all hunting rigs. That being said, we only shoot 5 shot groups. I am more interested in first round cold bore hits then long strings.

Is your first shot poi much different from your 5th shot. On my rifle the it takes 2 shots to stabilize barrel likes to be fouled alittle and the 1st shot at 500 yards will be 5 inches low This of coarse is only the first sting of shots from a clean bore

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.