6.5 PRC versatility?

Nickwild

just a shout out to you terminal performance and mathematical wizards... could 6.5PRC be categorized as a general or all round cartridge if you were to shoot anything from paper to elk?

Like QT said. Depends on distance you are willing to shoot an animal with it and what that animal is.

I would say for out here, probably 600 yds
easy, as long as you choose the right bullet for the job and stay within its terminal velocity the 6.5prc will easily be the most versatile caliber. Youve got between 95 and 160g bullets to choose from thats a very well rounded versatile selection. The 6.5prc is a really good candidate for the "only one gun" hunter.

Within the parameters you've set, I'd have no problem saying yes. The 6.5 PRC (with proper bullet selection) will handle anything up to and including Elk at 600 and in. I certainly wouldn't be scared of it.

t

could 6.5PRC be categorized as a general or all round cartridge if you were to shoot anything from paper to elk?

You need to be aware of the variables that come with wide ranging, generalized questions.

Max distance you answered.

Your ability to make a killing shot. There is velocity and energy available but you still need to put it in the right spot.

The same applies to paper, your skill determines the outcome.

The quality and repeatability of your firearm.

The quality and repeatability of your loads both hunting and targets.

We have no way of knowing the answers to these categories.

Enjoy the search!

:)