6.5 PRC Vanguard Impulse Opps

Nomosendero

I walked into a gun shop today and saw a Vanguard 6.5 PRC, standard Vanguard. A customer took it home but did not shoot from what I could see. The feed ramp had no mark, no sign of being fired.
I got them down to $475.00 out the door and I took it. I admit it was impulse, I was thinking of a Tikka Veil and I wanted a threaded barrel.

So, did I mess up?

I am concerned about their solid bedding, especially if using a bipod, even thou they guarantee 1 MOA.
Thanks

I walked into a gun shop today and saw a Vanguard 6.5 PRC, standard Vanguard. A customer took it home but did not shoot from what I could see. The feed ramp had no mark, no sign of being fired.
I got them down to $475.00 out the door and I took it. I admit it was impulse, I was thinking of a Tikka Veil and I wanted a threaded barrel.

So, did I mess up?

I am concerned about their solid bedding, especially if using a bipod, even thou they guarantee 1 MOA.
Thanks
I don't think you'll need to worry about the accuracy of that rifle. I have a pile of vanguard rifles, and I've never had an issue when using a bipod.

Give it a try, it might surprise you. I've saw more than a few rifles with the cheap plastic stocks shoot 3/4 moa consistently with factory ammo. I've only ever saw one cheap plastic stocked rifle that would do 1/2 moa consistently with factory ammo.

Recent Posts