6.5 PRC Load Data using Staball HD

Texas Speed Bump

Just acquired a Sauer 100 in 6.5 PRC and, since I still can't find RL26, went ahead and bought some Staball HD. I'm looking for anyone willing to share any load data/experience they might have with this powder and caliber. I have a bunch of 120gr Nosler BTs left over from my 6.5-06 I'd like to use but am also interested in developing loads for the 143-7 ELDX. Thanks !

6.5-06 with 143's is using StaBall
I'm not loading for the 6.5-06 anymore. I traded it back to the guy who built it 50 years ago in exchange for the PRC. I have several hundred rounds of the 120 Nosler BTs left over from loading for the 06 and would like to find a load in my new PRC that can use that light bullet.

Hodgdon shows a start load with StaBALL HD of 54.5g with a Barnes 120g. I am sure you could start in the same place with the BT's. It will be mild to start off and work up from.

I'm not loading for the 6.5-06 anymore. I traded it back to the guy who built it 50 years ago in exchange for the PRC. I have several hundred rounds of the 120 Nosler BTs left over from loading for the 06 and would like to find a load in my new PRC that can use that light bullet.
just covering all basis or trying too.

Hodgdon shows a start load with StaBALL HD of 54.5g with a Barnes 120g. I am sure you could start in the same place with the BT's. It will be mild to start off and work up from.

Thanks.

My next task is trying to figure out which model Sauer 100 this rifle is. It has a digital camo pattern and OD green barrel but the camo pattern doesn't match anything Sauer shows on their website. This one has tan in the pattern and none of the models they show have that color. I have an inquiry submitted to Sauer.

Thanks.

My next task is trying to figure out which model Sauer 100 this rifle is. It has a digital camo pattern and OD green barrel but the camo pattern doesn't match anything Sauer shows on their website. This one has tan in the pattern and none of the models they show have that color. I have an inquiry submitted to Sauer.
I just bought a sauer 100 pantera 6.5 PRC and was going to use Staball hd with 143gr eldx. Do you have any load data since your last post? Thanks!

Zermatt origin with a 24" proof research barrel. I didn't run them through a Chrono but I was getting a ragged hole. Like normal with cup and core I lost alot of weight retention on a deer so I just received 125 gr Badlands BD2 and will be checked ng those out soon

I'm still working up loads for my J.P. Sauer 6.5 PRC (it's a "Cherokee" model I found out BTW) but do have some data to share. I was fortunate enough to score a pound of RL-26 recently and did some ladder tests with it using my leftover Nosler 120 grain ballistic tips. For this rifle, 58.7 grains of RL-26 gave me a 0.3" group (100 yds) at a speed of 3248 fps. I tried it out this weekend on a feral hog and it was quite effective. I also tested the 120 grain Nosler BTs using StaBall HD and the best load I found was 57.0 grains giving me a 0.7" group at a speed of 2861 fps. I have a ladder loaded for 140 grain Nosler BTs but haven't shot it yet. More at 6 and 10...