6.5 prc issue (SOLVED)

So I took a brand new piece, chambered it, no issues, loaded, and now it will not chamber
So your "prepped" empty brass will chamber but your loaded brass with same case will not?

Is your seating die set up correctly? It sounds like the seating die is altering the case. I've had this happen before, but it's normally pretty easy to see the slight deformation in the shoulder.

So your "prepped" empty brass will chamber but your loaded brass with same case will not?

Is your seating die set up correctly? It sounds like the seating die is altering the case. I've had this happen before, but it's normally pretty easy to see the slight deformation in the shoulder.
Yes that's exactly what's happening! I just prepped a case, chambered it, loaded a bullet, and now it will not chamber. Something is happening in the seating die. It's a rcbs, I set it up the way they recommend in their instructions.

I also just took a piece of lapua brass that was from the first batch of 2 that chambered and shot just fine, resized it, chambered it fine, then seated a bullet, and now that same piece will NOT chamber

What kind of extractor on bolt? I had an action with a extractor spring that was stiff and wouldn't let some cases chamber. Ended up stoning it to slide over case head better. Found out after pulling 50 ready to go cases apart.

I also just took a piece of lapua brass that was from the first batch of 2 that chambered and shot just fine, resized it, chambered it fine, then seated a bullet, and now that same piece will NOT chamber
Try running an empty case in your seating die without the bullet and see if it will chamber. Also check to see if your loaded case (that will not chamber) has a slight "bulge" at the bottom of the shoulder. I think your seating die is pushing the shoulder of your case, deforming it just slightly.

I'm not familiar with savage. Two times I had the same problem your having. One was bulging the shoulder cause seater was messed up. The other was the m16 style extractor.

Try running an empty case in your seating die without the bullet and see if it will chamber. Also check to see if your loaded case (that will not chamber) has a slight "bulge" at the bottom of the shoulder. I think your seating die is pushing the shoulder of your case, deforming it just slightly.
It will chamber without a bullet after running through seating die. The shoulders measure .513" dia, after running through seating die with bullet, they appear to be .518" dia…. Is this my problem you think?