6.5 prc issue (SOLVED)

*EDIT, a few guys on here got me straightened out, i didnt have my seating die setup correctly and was bumping the shoulder out. Thanks to all for the help!
Glad to hear it's taken care of. Looking forward to hearing more about how the 156s run for you; I use the 153.5s in several bench guns but have a box of 156s ready to go for next season.

So I took a brand new piece, chambered it, no issues, loaded, and now it will not chamber
So many great reply's, a few Q's, did you mic the brass before and after you loaded then, and remember that the Ogive or Ojive what every you like to call it can influence the seating depth to the lands, only takes a few tho. to make it not close up or go into batterie . You seated the empty round in the chamber, it closes, but when you load it with a round, it won't close, same brass and same bullets as what you shot before ? and now I just saw the end of the post. Set up was incorrect, yea for you now. Keep me informed on how it shoots please

Don't feel bad, sometimes us experienced reloaders have issues. It's good to have good folks on this forum to lend a helping hand. Glad you got it worked out. Had the same issue the other day with my prc and when checking all the possible I noticed my sizing die was showing daylight between the shell holder and die. Knowing that I set it up right when working on test loads I found the Allen screw on the lock ring was loose enough it allowed the die to backup when I removed the die from the press. I've been reloading since 1972. Stuff happens. God Bless!

I'm still pretty green when it comes to reloading and I've ran into an issue with my 6.5 prc. I made up a couple loads with lapua brass, 156 Berger's, 56gr of RL 26 and 215 primers at 2.955". I shot 2 and was at 2880 with no signs of pressure. I bumped up .2 grains, didn't change anything else, and now the gun will not chamber them. I've ran a few empty pieces of brass and it chambers them just fine but as soon as I seat a bullet, the bolt stops about 3/8" before close. Anybody else have this issue? It chambers a hornady round without problem, it chambered my first 2 loads without problem. *EDIT, a few guys on here got me straightened out, i didnt have my seating die setup correctly and was bumping the shoulder out. Thanks to all for the help!
I loaded some Gunwerks 6.5 PRC BRASS that wouldn't chamber. It was once fired brass and was in great shape, but it would not chamber. What seating die were you using? Did you set up the die per the manual? What did you change to make the cartridges chamber? If there is one thing I have learned it's that I don't care how long you have been reloading there is always something to learn. I have been reloading for 8 years and I still run across issues that need to be resolved. It's a learning process and forums like this are a great way to learn. Lots of experienced reloaders with helpful advice.

I got through all 5 pages. I didn't see but wondered what brand rifle you had ? That's the same load I use 56.0 grs. RL26 with 156 Berger but with ADG and Gunwerks brass. Same same . I use Fed 210 match tho.

I got through all 5 pages. I didn't see but wondered what brand rifle you had ? That's the same load I use 56.0 grs. RL26 with 156 Berger but with ADG and Gunwerks brass. Same same . I use Fed 210 match tho.
I have a savage 110 proof ultralight

Savage 110 proof ultralight
I have that same rifle. I read on Snipers Hide that the Proof Barrels can have tight chambers. Some people recommended reaming the barrel. I Hadn't run reloads through it other than ADG from Gunwerks (once fired brass) but those were shot out of a different barrel. And didn't chamber. I did load some Hornady once fired that was shot out of my sons Bergara and they chambered fine in my Savage as well as the Bergara. Weird as hell. I did find that the ADG was .002 wider at the base of the cartridge than Factory Hornady ELD match. I tried a small base die on the ADG brass but that was a no go. Apparently that was enough of a difference .

when all good men come togeather all problems can be solved the only way to fell is not to listen to others when they speak from there heart on a common goal to help each other. and you can quote me.

Last edited: