6.5 prc enough gun for elk

This is why I unwatched this thread a month ago. I'll use more gun every time than take chances . Ta da. Use a marginal caliber and hope. It's not me. Unwatching the weekend warriors again. Buh bye. Carry on Memtb 😉

I like your logic! Little, frangible bullets can and do kill rather spectacularly…..they can also fail to kill rather spectacularly if the situation involves less than surgical placement happens!

As mentioned in an earlier post ….."stuff happens"! memtb

Guys act like an elks shoulder is armor plated. That scapula isn't very thick. I've seen a 63 grain Sierra make it through it without any issues. The knuckle is stout but I've yet to see a 140 Berger stopped by it. Wish I still had the pictures from the wife's bull. She sent one through the knuckle and it destroyed the vitals and went through the opposite shoulder just to be caught by the hide. I'll take that every day of the week

These guys who are 2 or 3 year newbies on LRH that are afraid to list thier state, city, age , etc. I don't care much for. They could be from Jackson, Laramie or maybe Lander if Wyoming. Same goes for any other member from whatever state. I could care less if somebody knew my age or what town I live in. Paranoia will destroy ya . Let's be ananamous 🙄
6605A053-9523-4713-B7C5-6EB03A732DA2.gif

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do have an honest question.

How is a 6.5 PRC marginal if you use a properly constructed bullet, you have confidence in the rifle/load combination and you have the prerequisite ability to make the shot?

*****Edit*****

Let me clarify, I am talking within the minimum energy/velocity thresholds accepted by the majority of manufacturers and hunters for the chosen projectile.

Last edited: