6.5 Grendel for whitetail

This one went 50 yards yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_2002.jpeg
    IMG_2002.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 41
Might be worth going with 6 arc over 6.5 Grendel. The arc seems popular enough that we should see some great load development and cost decrease in the next year or 2. Just my 2 cents.

Had a gun shop hero tell me I needed a 6 arc because it's so much better than the Grendel. Well yes it is a little better but not by enough to switch to. Had to remind him and others might benefit by remembering the PPCs we grew up within

Had a gun shop hero tell me I needed a 6 arc because it's so much better than the Grendel. Well yes it is a little better but not by enough to switch to. Had to remind him and others might benefit by remembering the PPCs we grew up within
Yeah, I certainly agree that the "new hotness" can be blown way out of proportion but for anyone in need of a gas gun application (hogs/predator hunting) the ARC is a killer option. Something to be said for load continuity across all of your platforms and for reloading. Just my 2 cents lol.

Yeah, I certainly agree that the "new hotness" can be blown way out of proportion but for anyone in need of a gas gun application (hogs/predator hunting) the ARC is a killer option. Something to be said for load continuity across all of your platforms and for reloading. Just my 2 cents lol.
IMG_5401.jpeg

My Grendel in a gas platform 😁

Better depends? On what the 6mm arc holds less powder needs a longer barrel to get the same fps per given pressure. I love the arc but better is very subjective to what the goal is. Definitely not better on barrel life.
But think we are splitting hairs

As a reloader I have been liking both 6mm ARC & 6.5 Grendel in bolt guns. My perception is for reloader's 6mm ARC is the better option. If you do not reload then 6.5 Grendel may win out due to more load options.

The 6mm arc is a necked down 6.5 grendel. For targets and steel banging the higher bc of the 108 eld makes a difference. In a hunting situation I would rather be able to shoot heavier 6.5 bullets.