6.5 Grendel feeding issues

As a neophyte AR-15 owner shooting the 6.5 Grendel, I had 12 months of such cycling problems. Here are three fixes that totally solved my problems:
1. Purchased the AR-15 cleaning tool and scrapped out the inside of the bolt. Mine was FULL of carbon crude.
2. Upgraded to a stronger ejector.
3. Last, but not least, I replaced the carbine length buffer spring with a rifle buffer spring, and added a heavier buffer. This one did the trick.

It functions flawlessly now. Guess I won't sell it after all. Other hints are to reduce carbon build up by staying away from cheap ammo, reloading with a faster burning power, and cleaning and oiling at 100 round intervals.
AND what buffer tube did you use to run a rifle length spring and use a heavier buffer? I can be done with JP scs(?) (missing 1 letter), but other than that?

AND what buffer tube did you use to run a rifle length spring and use a heavier buffer? I can be done with JP scs(?) (missing 1 letter), but other than that?
I use the JP setup on all my ARs now . It makes the rifle , or pistol, for me. Its the difference in the feel of a fine custom bolt vs a shelf base model bolt gun . Price was a hard pill to swallow on the first one , but now I see it as a top 3 item on any AR build.

I use the JP setup on all my ARs now . It makes the rifle , or pistol, for me. Its the difference in the feel of a fine custom bolt vs a shelf base model bolt gun . Price was a hard pill to swallow on the first one , but now I see it as a top 3 item on any AR build.
I have several for both platforms, but not any adjustable weighted. I do have spring packs for them just in case along with the rifle adapter. Not cheap for sure!

I have several for both platforms, but not any adjustable weighted. I do have spring packs for them just in case along with the rifle adapter. Not cheap for sure!
I just like how cleanly the action cycles . No more catchy resonating recoil spring noise and feel. Any feed issues from gas pressure are easy to fix with a good (SLR) adjustable gas block . The combo makes for a fine tuned machine far removed from the 500.00 junk that turns a lot of folks away from the platform as a great hunting/target piece. Throw in a great trigger and quality barrel properly fitted to the upper and you have something !

Yeah, it might just need some wearing in, and the BCG is still fitting tight and so are the bolts locking lugs.

If the problem persists, contact the company that built the upper, or that made the barrel and bolt.

Also, make sure that the bolt and barrel are both 6.5 Grendel Type 2. That could be the issue. You might have a type 1 bolt, and a type 2 barrel... That could be the issue. What that signifies is the headspace depth in the bolt's face. Type 1 is based on a 7.62x39 bolt, which only has a 0.125" counterbore. Type 2 is a 0.136" counterbore. You need to make sure both the upper and bolt are the same type.
While a good thing to ensure, it likely won't cause the issues being described.

Make sure when you charge the first round you're not riding the charging handle home. Let that thing slam shut.

I would definitely check the mages and make sure they seat correctly, present the round correctly and work well with the ammo you're using. Some longer rounds can end up too low in the magazine and contact the front edge - some people modify the lips to raise the round and may lower the leading edge of the mag.

Also pay attention to see if the failure is happening when the 1st round in the mag is staggered to the right or left.

I would also check the barrel extension ramps to ensure they were cut correctly as well as how they align with the receiver. If the receiver overhangs the barrel extension ramps they can hang up there and cause feeding issues. If poor alignment - address the extension ramps rather than the receiver.

Also short nosed hollow points may also have some feeding issues if the ramps aren't right.