6.5 Grendel 99gr hammer vs audad?

snox801

So I loaded up a bunch of 99gr hammer hunters for a 6.5 Grendel. My main hunting rig. It's topped with a Leica 2-10 with larue mounts to swap to my thermal at night. I went 99 cause I needed a flat shooting round for night hunting.
So when I got down to Texas I planned on taking a Dahl and Hawaiian sheep and pigs. When we showed up the owner needed some audad thinned our. So I thought good time to test the Grendel and hammer on audad. First one drt not a step. Second one I squared up on both shoulder and let it rips about 105 yards. Went about 30 yards and done tons of blood.
Was able to take a few with zero problems.
And I was able to put down 18 pigs of all sizes without a single bullet caught all full passes. Wound channels were great. I can say that like other hammers they punch way above the weight class they are in.
In fact they worked so well my brother who was using the 123 hornady in his Grendel said after the second audad I shot side by side with his. He said wow I need to switch to those bullets. Wound Channel and damage were very different.

Thanks for the write up and descriptions. Impressive how that small bullet performed.

Wish I would have been able to document some of the damage but was in hunting mood and got back to hunting. But at least I have a bunch of confidence that if I do my part the hammer will do it's part.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.