6mm ARC vs 6.5 Grendel

dwinmeade

I hear most people are having a heck of a time getting the Valkyrie to shoot any kind of respectable groups. Sounds like it's a super finicky round to reload for. Full disclosure I have no experience with the round personally. If I am incorrect, someone please let me know.
No sir, you are correct...I spent 6 months and many $'s just to get the Valkyrie to group at 100 yards...AND...never did. Sold it!

I wouldn't mess with the Valkyrie even if you gave me one...I'd sell that too!

JASmith

Longer barrels can give greater velocity for a given load. But shorter barrels usually give tighter groups. The point behind me cutting this barrel down that I have is to see what the FPS cost per inch is. With the 6.5 Grendel, FPS drops about 25fps/inch in the 16-20" range. Not worth the extra length for what I do, but to someone else it might be. I will post the numbers here when I whack this barrel down as I shoot it.

--HC
You can get a pretty good estimate of velocity loss (or gain) from chnagin barrel length here:

Estimating Velocities for Changed Barrel Lengths

The landing page you hit with this link has some example entry options. The Grendel is one of them, so you can easily check against your previous experience and get better confidence for the ARC estimate.

Trending threads

Recent Posts