6.5 Grendel 123 gr?

I run the 123 lapua scenar and the 123 Amax from my 20" Grendel AR with IMR 8208xbr. I started about 25g and worked up .2g

Looking to revive this thread 3 years later. Was doing a search on 6.5 grendel. I have a custom built frankengun AR in 6.5 grendel. With my 123 gr ELD-M hand loads I am able to achieve .4 MOA at 100. Looking to make the switch to the 123 SST's or the 95 V-Max's in the Hornady variety. What other bullets have proven well for everyone?

I run the 123 lapua scenar and the 123 Amax from my 20" Grendel AR with IMR 8208xbr. I started about 25g and worked up .2g
I'm using the same powder and barrel length, but with the 123gr SST's. Do as he said and start at 25 gr
Honestly, the Hornady factory ammo shoots so well in both of my Grendels that I really haven't loaded for them even though I did the workup. I can't attain the same velocity as the Hornady factory rounds either

Looking to revive this thread 3 years later. Was doing a search on 6.5 grendel. I have a custom built frankengun AR in 6.5 grendel. With my 123 gr ELD-M hand loads I am able to achieve .4 MOA at 100. Looking to make the switch to the 123 SST's or the 95 V-Max's in the Hornady variety. What other bullets have proven well for everyone?
The 123 gr Hornady ELD-M shot very good in my AR and bolt gun with 8208. I didn't see any need to go with a lighter bullet but ran up on some Sierras in 85 gr . Very amazing accuracy with H335. Haven't shot anything but paper with the 85 gr Sierra yet but they remind me of the Speer 52 gr HP in a .224 bullet and that bullet flat tears up stuff.

You may find that you can not get the 123 SST to shoot very well. I have two different ARs with two different make barrels and no matter what powder or charge combo I tried I could not get either rifle to shoot under 1 1/2 MOA. The factory 123 SST ammo will not shoot any better. I nave not tried them but others say that the Speer 90 gr shoots really well.

Wow, this one is a blast from the past! When the 123 A-max became inobtainium I changed over to the Berger 130g AR Hybrid. Still using IMR 8208xbr. From my 20" AR it is right at 2,400 FPS. Seated to magazine length, feeds flawlessly. I've shot it to 1,100 yards on steel and taken three white tail deer and a bunch of feral hogs from 20 yards out to a little more than 300 yards. I haven't had a chance to harvest anything any further with it. I wouldn't hesitate to hunt to 600 yards with it.

Nosler BT in either 100 or 120 grains works well.
8208 XBR
CFE 223
Leverevolution
ARcomp
Nosler brass

My best handload is a 123 with ~28 grains of 8208 with a cci450, but I can shoot the factory Hornady American gunner for about the price of brass and it shoots great in my Lilja barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.