6.5 Grendal

RSR group had two in stock today be my LGS ordered it this afternoon, should be in by next week, the only 6.5 Grendel we could find of any brand (we looked for fun) was the 20" oryx

Following. I've hunted two seasons with a 16 inch grendel semi. Taken a number of good bucks and a 340 lb pig, all dead before they hit the ground. Thinking about throwing together a super light bolt gun

I hunt with a Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel with the 22" factory taper barrel. It was in a MDT LSS gen1 chassis but it was kind of heavy so I just bought a Stocky's Carbon stock for it and am still waiting for my DIP bottom metal to try it out. MDT is now making bottom metal for the Mini but, if you can believe this, it only fits their proprietary 10 round Mambamag, not the factory mags, which made it a no go for me!
In the chassis I was getting touching 3 shot groups shooting 123gr SST's over a max charge of CFE223 giving me 2704fps over the chrony. It's an awesome cartridge IMHO and a great deer round. The Howa stock leaves a lot to be desired but the barreled action is a for sure winner.

Haven't hunted with the bolt action grendel yet, but have plenty of harvests with the ar platform grendel. I would imagine it would perform the same as the semi counterpart.

I have a Grendel 12" SBR that I've used on blacktail to great effect. You don't get the max velocity out of the stubby barrel, a suppressed 12" is still a handy size to pack and is shockingly accurate with 123's. I've only shot deer at 50 yds and closer with it (heavy timber where I hunt) but it worked like a charm

I have two Grendels. One is a CZ 527,other is a Howa. CZ gets the nod most often when I'm hunting with the Grendel. Its a flat out killing machine. Running 85 grain Hammer Hunter @3000 fps. So far nothing has moved out of its tracks. Put a AT1 Boyd's stock on the howa, factory stock was Tupperware. Both shoot great, its just the little light CZ is so much better. Running123 SSTs in the howa @ 2500. Thinking about selling it.