6.5 creedmoor, yes a needmoor

I think your last idea was best run the numbers for your given distance at a speed you know you can push them. At 400 yards the hammers do everything better than both the ones you posted. In my 6.5 they are faster flatter and less wind drift at 400. I was running the eld but after looking at min FPS and what distance that happens the hammers made more sense. Was the first time I tried hammers and the on game performance was amazing. No worries about staying off shoulder. I always try but you know how that goes. In fact for deer out to 400. Even take a look at the 99 or 110. I have found that after setting up a ton of rifle here in Michigan for hunters that will never shoot past 3-400 that the flatter the better simply because most people won't take time to learn drops and check them.

Not saying shoulder shots wouldn't work. Probably not a problem within 400 but going off advice from lrh. That's all. They have been explosive but no pass through the last 2 years. 175 and 522.
That's one of the reasons I switch to Bergers; the massive energy dump does not need a pass through - no need to worry about what is beyond. However, there is no substitute for shot placement regardless of bullet.

I have 143 eldx and I have 140 berger elite hunters, I want to start load development but before I get set on one or the other which is best for whitetail 400 yards or less? Both are hard to find but once I find a load I want 1,000 plus bullets
Berger

I really like the Hornady eld-x line for hunting (and eld-m). I just prefer a tipped bullet for hunting or a large hollow point. However, no denying bergers are way more consistent than hornady. My competition rifle I only feed it bergers. Either will work just fine.

I have 143 eldx and I have 140 berger elite hunters, I want to start load development but before I get set on one or the other which is best for whitetail 400 yards or less? Both are hard to find but once I find a load I want 1,000 plus bullets
143 gr ELDX ,, I shot a mule deer at 410 yards high shoulder hit golf ball size Exit
Jello in between.
Dropped him like a sack of hammers

Both are good..
H4350 powder is the ticket....equally hard to find!