6.5 Creedmoor Ruger American Predator

Cray7614

I'm going to purchase this gun, what is everyone's thought on it? I know that the stock needs to be changed from the original. But what is everyone's opinion

I llike them. Good cheap gun that is accurate. That said, the stocks and factory mags suck. Not a fan of bladed triggers, either. I dumped some coin into mine (6.5 creed).....

That group was shot at 700 yards after dropping my rifle. I checked my 200 yard zero on steel and dead-centered the gong. So I dialed for 700 and fired 3 rounds. Good to go.....

528 yard coyote..

Good looking gun! What kind of stock did you go with? And is that with factory ammo?

It is an MDT LSS chassis with Accurate Mags. Harris knockoff bipod, M.O.E. buttstock and riser, MDT folder attachment, SiCo Harvester can, 3-12 LRHS on EGW 20 moa base and low rings, Timney trigger. Handloads. 140 Amax's over 42.5 gr H4350, CCI 200's at 2850

Nope. I have a good supply of Amax's, same as the eld-m's. When they are gone, I'll go the the 147 eld's or the 135 JLK's. I load for 3 Ruger creed's and they shoot sub-moa in each.

I have a friend that has one. He put it in a Boyds laminated stock and it shoots really good. He is really happy with it. It shoots better than his Nieces B 14 Bergara HMR

I have a few buddies with the Ruger Americans that give excellent performance. IMO, Ruger has really stepped up their game over the last few years. I have a Ruger Precision Rifle/6.5CM with no mods except for a Gen2 Magpul stock and a Timney trigger at 1.75#. It has proven to be quite a remarkable shooter. This is a handload. 41.8gr H4350. Shoots the Hornady 140ELD-M's and 142SMK's equally well.
91ECDA8F-F5C9-4685-8A6C-BE0F9465D1C1.jpeg

We have several of these rifles in diff cartridges. They all are sub moa with no mods.

Curious why you say the stock has to be changed? They are not great but I bet the rifle will shoot pretty well without changing it.

Steve

Yeah I'm not saying you have to change the stock, but what you read about stability of the stock says it's cheap and you can change it and be more accurate with it out to longer distances

26925.jpg
There is new models now with "AI type" mags, cerekote, muzzle brakes, new calibers. May take a while before they are available to us north of the border.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.